CHANGEMAKER MEDIA operates under English law. Please refer to the COPYRIGHT, DESIGNS AND PATENTS ACT 1988 (updated – see Gov.UK website). All news reporting is based on the Fair Dealing principle. In accordance with the THE DMCA (Digital and Millenium Copyright Act): TO REPORT AN ALLEGED INFRINGEMENT OF A COPYRIGHT OR TRADEMARK YOU MUST SUPPLY IN WRITING TO THE ADDRESS BELOW, AND BY EMAIL:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials alledgely being infringed;
- Clear Identification of material claimed to be infringing, including information regarding the location of such materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that the Company is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Contact information about the notifier including postal address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and a statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is Received and has been Verified by the Company, the Company will:
- remove or disable access to the infringing material; notify the content provider, member or user of this action.
Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Company or its Designated Agent:
A Counter-Notice may be supplied: If the content provider, member or user believes that the material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the content provider, member or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, the content provider, member or user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Company:
- A physical or electronic signature of the content provider, member or user;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that the content provider, member or user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material;
- Content provider’s, member’s or user’s name, address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom Courts
- If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, the Company may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Company’s discretion.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive Notification of Claimed Infringement and write to us at:
CHANGEMAKER® MEDIA, THE SHARED HUMANITY GROUP LIMITED, Unit 1a Starborough Farm, Starborough Road, Marsh Green, Edenbridge, Kent, United Kingdom TN8 5RB